Tuesday 28 April 2009

Wordpress Weblog

I also have a web log at Wordpress, but it was giving some difficulty, where the 'older entries' hyperlink at the bottom of the page would NOT show my earlier posts.

I had to re-install - but then the main page itself would not show.

Back to the drawing board - asked questions from Jeff Johnson who had provided the free Wordpress and a SEO Optimisation of some kind. He suggested a re-install etc.,



Even though my main weblog page was NOT showing, I WAS able to get into my login.php

'Exported' my posts, deleted the original Wordpress folders and files from my web host, re-uploaded all files, and then having previously 'exported' my posts and now imported them - but seemed to get an error. However, magically some of the main page was restored and the first page of posts still shows - BUT no 'older entries.

I had quite a bit of difficulty and frustration in trying to work out what to do - mainly because of lack of knowledge of the processes and familiarity.

Eventually tried to load the 'plug-ins' from Jeff Johnson, quite a few of them, to 'optimise' the weblog and hopefully increase traffic.

Had to find out what the 'host name' and user name and password meant - it was NOT the Wordpress IDs etc, but it WAS my FTP host requirements - e.g., teletalkies.com and my FTP user name and password.

I found some of those answers from the various Google Searches and the Wordpress Forum.

Need a rest now - and will try again for the 'older entries'

No comments: